For those whove been keeping up with this blog, you know that I was looking forward to reading this short story again. I love the ones that show each of the tennants of the warrior code in practice after they’re established.
Reading this one though, I realsied it’s really hard to pin down a theme. I think this will be a common occurence as so may of them rely on the story of the tennant being created. They’re dealing with that exact code and not an indiviual theme as such. I found something, though. I think it might come up a bit in the further short stories in this book supporting each tennant. We’ll have to see I guess.
Here’s the summary essay for the short story Hunting Fish! from the guidebook Code of the Clans. You can see what I came up with.
The main theme in the short story, Hunting Fish!, from the guidebook Code of the Clans is nature. Nature refers to the traits or apptitudes for skills a person is born with. These are usually passed down through genes. White-eye and Dappletail almost drowned simming, and disliked the taste of fish. Pinestar explained that ThunderClan does not have anything to do with the river. The main characters attempted to go against their nature.
There are two main characters in the short story, Hunting Fish! These are the two young ThunderClan warriors, White-eye and Dappletail. The four other characters that appear are the RiverClan warrior Owlfur, the RiverClan leader Hailstar, the ThunderClan warrior Sunfall, and the ThunderClan leader Pinestar. They only appear later in the story and are not main characters.
The main situations in Hunting Fish! are listed here. Dappletail and White-eye sneak down to the river at night. White-eye tries fishinf, but falls into the river. Dappletail goes after her as White-eye starts drowning. Two RiveClan warriors see the ThunderClan warriors struggling. The ThunderClan warriors are rescued, and White-eye has a fish in her jaws as she’s dragged out. Owlfur and Pinestar suggest Dappletail and White-eye eat the fish. The twoyoung warriors realise they hate it, and promise “no more fishing” pg 29.
Thnak you for taking the time to look at this. If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment. I read all of them and it really motivates me.
Keep on reading!
Alice B Hutley

Comments
Post a Comment