Hey. I’m back.
I did put an update on my Patreon about why I haven’t been posting for so long, and there’ll be more information in my July Newsletter. The short answer is, due to health issues (and an error in a hospital’s system increasing wait times), I have been off my ADHD medication. That caused issues whenever I was doing activities alone, like writing and typing.
I seem to be well now, so my doctor and I will be seeing how things go. Posting might be a little up and down, but I’ll try to stay on track. This means I’m aiming for at least weekly updates to this blog again too!
Australia has Medicare, so operations and doctor visits are affordable. But if you check out my Patreon in the sidebar, it would be much appreciated. The lowest tier is only $2, and gets you early access to blog posts among other things.
Anyway, without any further ado, here’s the summary essay for the final short story from Secrets of the Clans, How TigerClan Got Their Stripes.
The main theme in the short story How TigerClan Got Their Stripes is jealousy. The story looks at how jealousy can affect a character, making them bitter and envious towards the source of their jealousy. It also explores what a character might do in response to these emotions and the possible repercussions. In the story, Thorntooth lets the bitterness from his jealousy get the better of him, deciding to steal a cub from the leader of LionClan. LionClan and LeopardClan punish all of TigerClan for this transgression.
The main character in the Warriors: Secrets of the Clans short story How TigerClan Got Their Stripes is Thorntooth, a warrior of TigerClan. His role in the story is that of the antagonist, taking his actions as a result of his jealousy against the other two Clans too far. His leader, Shadestar, appears in the short story as much as Thorntooth. She tries to act as a protagonist by doing the right thing, but her role is not part of the driving force of the story. As such, she is only a secondary character in this story.
The main situations in How TigerClan Got Their Stripes are as follows. TigerClan had only pure gold coats with nothing setting them apart from the other Clans. TigerClan’s jealousy as a result of this caused them to act out. Thorntooth acted out the most. Shadestar reprimanded Thorntooth when he stole Petalkit from LionClan. After the kit was returned, the other leaders punished TigerClan. TigerClan was isolated and relegated to the shadows for one moon. The shadows printed permanent black stripes on TigerClan’s pelts.
How’s that for the first summary essay after two and a half years!
Again, please check out my Patreon, and happy reading.
Alice B Hutley

Comments
Post a Comment